Pages

Thursday, May 17, 2018

Not If I Save You First by Ally Carter, book reveiw


This is my first book review, yay!
I'll save you from my babbling and just skip to the review.

Not If I Save You First by Ally Carter.

I liked the book, because it avoided a few of the problems you would find in these types of books, because she isn't a spy you don't have to ask yourself why a teenage girl is a spy, she is the daughter of a secret service agent, who retired and moved to Alaska, sound cold? I bet it is.
and it has a nice bit of drama and tension between the characters, not so much that you want to throw the book across the room just a bit, it keeps you interested. 


The Plot:
it was pretty average, I could guess what was generally going to happen most of the time.


The Characters:
I liked Maggie but Logan was REALLY ANNOYING!!! it was one of those, I am pretty much useless and while Maggie is trying to get something done I'll just sit here and do stupid thihgs, why Logan why?!?!?

 But there is a good thing about this book your little siblings can read it. I've heard a lot of people talking about how they read a book, tell their little sibling about it (before they are finished) little sibling is excited to read it, then you find a part they should not be reading, OOPS!. then your sibling is annoyed at you for not letting them read the book, oh great.
but Not if I Save You First is totally fine, though you should still read it first, because you might have different standards and rules for your siblings.


Summary: I'd give it about a 3 and a half star rating maybe a 4 star  but that said you should go read it right now, because you will probably love it.



https://images.gr-assets.com/books/1507647432l/35238072.jpg
( I like the cover.) 

(this is the little preview that they show you on the inside of the cover)

Maddie thought she and Logan would be friends forever. But when your dad is a Secret Service agent and your best friend is the president's son, sometimes life has other plans. Before she knows it, Maddie's dad is dragging her to a cabin in the middle of the Alaskan wilderness. No phone. No Internet. And not a single word from Logan. Maddie tells herself it's okay. After all, she's the most popular girl for twenty miles in any direction. (She’s also the only girl for twenty miles in any direction.) She has wood to cut and weapons to bedazzle. Her life is full. Until Logan shows up six years later . . . And Maddie wants to kill him. But before that can happen, an assailant appears out of nowhere, knocking Maddie off a cliff and dragging Logan to some unknown fate. Maddie knows she could turn back- and get help. But the weather is turning and the terrain will only get more treacherous, the animals more deadly. Maddie still really wants to kill Logan. But she has to save him first.

  this is the back ( I love it)

3 comments: